How do you collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you provide information directly or indirectly to us, including when you access and use the Website or contact us.
What kind of personal information do you collect?
When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain technical information about your visit, including the date, time, browser type, your internet service provider, your IP address, device information (including device identifiers), geo-location information, computer and network performance data, the URL that you are coming from and your navigation history in order to customize and personalize your experience on the Website, improve the Website and for statistical research purposes.
We may also use “cookies”, scripts, pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies on certain pages of the Website. These automatically collect data from visitors to the Website and transfer the information to your hard drive. Cookies help us to recognize repeat visitors, personalize the Website and communications and tailor content to match particular interests. We may also use these technologies to track Website usage trends and patterns. You are always free to decline cookies and delete them from your computer. Your web browser should also allow you to block receiving cookies. If you decline “cookies” or delete them from your computer, you will still be able to access the Website, but you may find that some areas do not work as smoothly as when cookies are enabled.
How do you use personal information?
We use personal information in order to provide you with information you requested or to enable us to serve you better.
We also use personal information to administer and manage the Website, provide access to the Website, personalize your experience on the Website, analyze the accuracy and effectiveness of the Website, improve the quality of the Website, respond to inquiries, complaints or other communications to us and meet obligations as required by applicable laws.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not intentionally share any personal information conveyed or collected through our Website with any unauthorized third parties.
Sharing of information with authorized third parties may occur in various cases, such as for the administration of our email subscriptions, requests for information and employment applications. We may also share personal information with third party service providers who assist us in providing and administering the Website.
In addition, we will disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Required by Law: We will disclose personal information in our custody when we believe that the disclosure is required by law, including to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us and when we receive a request from law enforcement authorities. We will only disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities upon demonstration of lawful authority.
- Fraud: We will disclose personal information where it is reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress the fraud.
- Business Transaction: We may disclose and share your personal information to explore and/or undertake a corporate transaction, including a merger, acquisition, amalgamation, IPO, reorganization or sale of Qvella and/or the Website. We will enter into an agreement that ensures that your personal information will be used and disclosed solely for the purposes related to the transaction and will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
How do you safeguard personal information?
Qvella is committed to data security and protects personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the information.
Personal information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
It is important to understand that we will undertake every reasonable precaution to safeguard your personal information. However, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and will comply with all legal requirements to mitigate any harms resulting from such a breach.
Do you transfer personal information?
We may transfer personal information to a third-party service provider outside of your jurisdiction of residence. In the event that your personal information is transferred abroad, the government, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of the data through the laws of that jurisdiction
What are my privacy rights?
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information that we have about you;
- Request that incorrect or incomplete data is rectified or supplemented;
- Withdraw your consent at anytime;
- Request the deletion of your personal information in certain cases, particularly if the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected, the data is inaccurate or you withdraw your consent;
- Data portability (receive your data in a machine-readable format to transmit); and
- File a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Please contact our Privacy Officer (see below) to make a request to access your personal information. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will rectify the information as necessary.
9133 Leslie St.
Richmond Hill, ON